Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lord help the mister, who comes between me and my...

Backstory: Sara is the oldest of the three sisters who not very long ago moved far, far away to a land where we no longer share Sunday brunches, dinners at the grill, baseball games with nieces, bitching sessions about the parental units, shopping trips to Target or evenings of beer drinking and card playing…

Emails with (little) Sister Stephie this morning:

Sister Stephie:
Hey, this song reminds me of Sara. What do you think? Think she would kill me if I sent it to her? Way too sappy? I am just listening to it on CD right now…weird, I thought.

My Wish - Rascal Flatts
I hope that days come easy and moments pass slow,
and each road leads you where you want to go,
and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
if it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

More then anything, more then anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it,
to your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more then you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
all the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
and you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
and you always give more then you take.

Oh More then anything, Yeah, and more then anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it,
to your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more then you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

TaterTot:
Don’t ever send me something like that at work again or I will be forced to get all “big sister” on you and pull your hair or something. With that said, no she wouldn’t kill you and no it’s not too sappy. Go ahead and send it.


Sister Stephie:
Why the big sister?


TaterTot:
Am I not your sister? Am I not bigger than you? Hence…I’m your big sister.


Sister Stephie:
But, why would you have to pull that because of my email…..duh…Did it make you all warm and fuzzy inside, or did you cry like a baby in front of your coworkers…what?

TaterTot:
Warm, fuzzy and weepy…I prefer to maintain my hardcore, butch facade at work if you don’t mind.


Sister Stephie:
Ok, so I know, I am blonde and just didn’t get it at first, but now I am reading your mail. Ha
Sorry about that, it won’t happen again.


2 comments:

noncommon said...

gotsta pull rank every once and awhile!

Java Junkie said...

*sniffle* it made ME a lil booey, too, and I don't even KNOW your sisters

hehe.