Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Day Set Aside for Education

Things I learned on my day off yesterday:

> Another name for a speculum is "spready open thingy". (more to come on this one)

> Sparkly coral is not a color I should ever wear.

> There are stores that sell dresses to WOMEN my size (18) that shouldn't even be worn on people my sisters size (6).

> A size 16 in the WOMENS section will sometimes fit, while a size 16 in the MISSES section won't.

> Lunch at the mall can be an opportunity to learn new languages:

  • "Avast thar -- be ye frien-er-foe?" translates to "Hold it, are you good or bad?" according to LaLa's Happy Meal.
  • "Xue-sheng" translates to "student" according to my fortune cookie.

> For the right price, even I will buy a hoochie-mama dress that can only be worn in Vegas (or Halloween). Don't worry, I'll post pictures.

> Trying on sparkly, bright, shiny, bedazzled dresses with Bombadee, her 2 year old daughter La and my 11 year old daughter is the most fun ever on a day off.

Thanks for a lovely, and educational, day.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are very welcome, call me anytime for a trip to my fav mall.

I plan you post new pics of the dress I bought with mom and the mini-mini skirt soon. I'm going to get it altered (the dress) first though.

BoomBoom said...

Yes, I need to have spur-of-the-moment days off more often.