Monday, April 03, 2006

All I"ve Got...

Sorry I haven’t been posting lately. Life is moving fast and I am having trouble keeping up. Last night at the BlahZeeBlah’s I talked about all of the post ideas I’ve had lately, and even prepared for, but have never actually made it to my blog. There has to be some old saying about intentions that would be appropriate here, but I’m too exhausted to Google for it.

My parental units are finally moved in; all dwellings sold and bought, wrapped up with a nice little bow. I took Friday off work to finish the painting. Who knew some white trim would take 7 1/2 friggin’ hours, Sister Stephanie and I sure as hell didn’t. By Friday at 5:30 p.m. I had begun to daydream of ways to torture anyone who has the balls to ask me to paint anything ever again. Especially the color red. Saturday was spent moving in all of their stuff and Sunday I found myself unpacking and shopping for the appropriate curtains to hang in a red room (turns out white Battenburg Lace).

Needless to say, I haven’t even sat at a computer since I left work on Thursday. This morning I have been spending more time than my employer would prefer trying to catch up on some blogs, news, guilty pleasures and emails. Turns out I missed some good, some bad and some ugly:

Bombadee and I were just discussing our favorite Shel Silverstein poems last night and after reading Fussy’s poem post this morning I have decided to share mine:

Snowball

I made myself a snowball

As perfect as could be.

I thought I'd keep it as a pet

And let it sleep with me.

I made it some pajamas

And a pillow for its head.

Then last night it ran away,

But first it wet the bed.

- Shel Silverstein

That’s all I have…for now.

4 comments:

Sir Seanface said...

I'll post more often. Honest!

BoomBoom said...

I'm counting on it Mister.

Jenny said...

You people need more whole grains and fruits - that'll get you blogging regularly again.

Jenny said...

also

Hug O' War
by Shel Silverstein

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.