Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Poop Water: Mimi Saves the Day

Disclaimer: Please note although "poop water" is referred to several times in the story below, at no times was there actual poop visualized in the water or on my floor. My daughter just refers to all water associated with toilets as such.

Less than five minutes from my house last night when the cell phone rings.

Doody: Mommy?
Me: Hi babe.
Doody: I think we may have a bit of a problem here.
Me: What’s that?
Doody: The toilet got plugged up and water is all over the floor.
Me: Okay. Is water still pouring on the floor?

Doody (yelling to sister in bathroom): Emi…is water still going on the floor?
Mimi: (yelling back in obvious distress): YES!


Doody: She said yes.
Me: I want you to take the phone into the bathroom and listen carefully to what I want you to do. Do you see the big lid on the back of the toilet?
Doody: The one with the basket on it?
Me: Yes, that’s it. Put the phone down and carefully take that off with your sister, be careful it’s heavy. Let me know when that’s done.

Doody: Emi, help me lift this up. Be careful it’s heavy.
Mimi: You get on that side.
Doody: No, you get on that side.
Mimi: It’s all wet over there with poop water.
Doody: EMI….JUST DO IT!
Mimi: AGGGGGHHHHH!


Doody: Okay Mommy, it’s off.
Me: Do you see the big ball on a metal rod?
Doody: Yes.
Me: Lift that up.

Doody: Emi, lift up this.
Mimi: No, it’s all wet in there.
Doody: EMI!
Mimi: AGGGGGHHHHHH!


Me: Did the water stop?
Doody: Yes.
Me: Hold it up until I get home, I’ll be there in two minutes. Stay in the bathroom with Emi.
Doody: Okay.

I arrive home a few minutes later to find Doody sitting on the couch watching for me out the front window, jumping up and down as I pull into the driveway. As I approached my bathroom with apprehension, there is Mimi holding up the thingymabob in the toilet with the MOST disgusted look I have ever seen on her face.

I cleaned up the bathroom (there was very little water on the floor compared to what I was expecting) and instructed both of my girls how to turn the water off on the toilet should this ever happen again and on the importance of teamwork.

Even if there is poop water on the floor.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thanks for the laugh. I can jsut see her face.