Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Feeling a Bit Off

Ever have those days or weeks you just felt a bit off? I’m going to work everyday, performing my duties with a smile. Went to the grocery, have made a good, hot meal for the kids every night. Helped with homework, cleaned my house. Last night alone I scrubbed by stovetop for 45 minutes, removing what had to have been a years worth of cooked on black crap. For some strange reason I have felt…what should I call it…

Discombobulated.

That describes it! Having self-possession upset; thrown into confusion. Let’s try to come up with some possible causes for this state, shall we?

  • Our annual All Hallow’s Eve party is this Saturday and I always stress before it. What if no one shows up? What if I run out of beer? Or food? What if it’s boring? What if it rains? Please note, I have been having this party for years and it has always been well attended, plenty of alcohol and food, dancing and singing in my living room and has never rained.
  • I still have no costume for the above mentioned party. This is very unlike me. I will normally have my costume ready no less than 3 months in advance. Not sure why, but this year I am feeling uninspired and uncreative.
  • I was in a car accident this summer and am being called by bill collectors wanting their money pretty regularly. The insurance company for the prick who pulled out in front of me called Monday with a settlement offer that will barely pay off my bills. Do I settle and move on or do I call a lawyer and draw it out two more years? Also, will the $10,000 in unpaid medical bills, in my name, affect our plans to move this spring? This is stressing me out.

I could go on, but typing this is depressing me. I am requiring myself to come up with something positive for my next posting. What is it our mothers always told us? If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Call a lawyer (one that 'doesn't get paid unless you do' and talk to him on the phone. That doesn't cost anything. Get some professional advice. I've been there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I second the "call a lawyer" advice. And if he's cute and single, have your lawyer call me.

I'm so excited about this party on Saturday I think I'm going to tinkle in my drawers.