Sunday, March 04, 2007

Will an "A" Get Me In?

I found a quiz online today, asking readers Got Religion?

I only missed one of the fifteen earning a 93%, although I will admit one of the True/False was a total guess and I happened to pick the right one. (No bragging on my blog about your perfect score Dan!).


The article that lead into the quiz has prompted me to put Professor Steve Prothero's soon to be published book "Religious Literacy" on my reading list. This statement regarding the professor rang close to home for me:

"The professor is not an advocate for any faith, though he's a great admirer of the faithful."

But, as I read on he is an advocate to "teach religion in public schools. Prothero believes that before graduation from high school, every American should take a Bible course and a world-religions course—dispassionate humanities courses whose purpose is not to catechize or evangelize but to educate."

Sounds like a good read, and an opportunity for me to be swayed into a change of opinion...something that doesn't happen very often.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I scored 6 outta 15 correct.

BoomBoom said...

test