Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Things That Annoy Me…About Me

I can take a joke too far and offend someone I didn’t intend too. Sometimes I wish I knew when to stop.

Suddenly singing songs that relate to random things those around me say. (This is especially bad at work for some reason). Sometimes I wish I would shut up.

I don’t take a joke far enough and my intention to offend someone isn’t realized. Sometimes I wish people weren’t so oblivious when I’m trying to make fun of them.

When I drink too much, I seem to endlessly declare that I will be having sex as if everyone in the room with me needs or wants to know. Sometimes I wish I was more discreet.

I have a really hard time letting things go and moving on. You know I am finally able to when I permanently delete all traces of someone from my PC, no longer allowing me to dwell in the past. Sometimes I wish I chose to move on sooner.

Once I let go, I don’t go back. The Big B could call me today and apologize until the cows came home and I would wish her well and request she not call me ever again. Mrs. Blahzeeblah has always has told me that one of my less desirable character traits is my stubbornness. Sometimes I wish I was more forgiving.

The big ass mole to the left of my nose. Sometimes I wish I would get it hacked off my face.

My inability to keep my hands still for any length of time and relating need to tear things into tiny pieces. Sometimes I wish I had more control.

My insatiable need to present an image to those around me. Sometimes I wish I didn’t want to control as much.

My lack of ambition when it comes to exercise. Sometimes I wish my health was higher on the priority list (along with my cottage cheese ass and dunlap stomach).

4 comments:

Sir Seanface said...

While we all strive to be better people for ourselves or in the eyes of others I can only say this to you...

If I didn't like you I would chose not to be around you. Having said that, I realize I haven't seen you much in the last year but that has more to do with the lame hours I work instead of me trying not be around you.

Jenny said...

Some of those traits are reasons I find your quirky and fun.

BoomBoom said...

Why thank you. This post wasn't intended to fish for compliments, but hell...I'll take 'em.

Anonymous said...

My dearest tatertot, we all have things about ourselves that we would like to change. Most of the ones you listed, I too wish I could change about myself. Just know that you are one of the coolest, funniest, and most genuine people I know and I feel blessed to know you and count you as a friend. Tears AGAIN! Love ya girl!