Friday, March 24, 2006

Julliard, Here We Come

These are truly the most anticipated events of my entire year...

Tuesday night was The 12th Annual Small Town School Band Extravaganza. Bands from fifth grade, sixth grade, Junior High and High School all performed. This was our first time attending with our fifth grader and had no idea what crowd to expect. It was obvious everyone else in the entire town did; when we arrived (30 minutes early) we were limited to the nose-bleed seats. Make mental note for next year, plan on heading to Small Town Extravaganza the week prior for front row seating.

Our Doody is a flutist. The performance began with all of the bands playing the Star Spangled Banner. The fifth grade band followed with Beethoven's Ninth, Crazy Cat and King Arthur's Coronation March. After each of the other groups performed three songs, the entire group convened once again to end the show with a boisterous presentation of Ode to Joy.

It was awesome and once again, I was bursting at the seams. I am usually not a weepy person, with the exception of certain films and talk of my Uncle David, but whenever my kids perform in anything I get seriously choked up.




Dough-Dough's biggest fan.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I would've been a total gonner - Ode to Joy makes me tear up EVERY time I hear it.

BoomBoom said...

I watched a PBS program last night and realized I spelt Juilliard wrong.

Apparently no one else noticed, or wanted to tell me I'm an idiot.