Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

My ten year old daughter Doody and I were watching Americas Funniest Videos last night when we saw the common clip of a young boy attempting an ill-fated skateboard grind, land on his privates and fall to the ground grasping his crotch in pain. My jaw dropped when Doody exclaimed, “Man, did you see that boy land on his nuts?”

Huh? His what? Excuse me?

I have adamantly taught my children the correct names for body parts. My girls do not have boobies or hoo-hoo’s, they have breasts. Their private includes a vagina, clitoris, labia, etc. When I was pregnant with SugarLips and someone asked Mimi if she was excited her mommy had a baby in her tummy my daughter eagerly corrected her. “The baby is in her uterus and will come out her vagina.” As Doody and I were discussing her choice of words last night, I asked her what boys in school call girls breasts these days. She plainly states that girls either have buttons or watermelons; she has buttons.

This prompted a funny conversation at lunch today surrounding all of the silly nicknames parents teach their children to use when referring to their privates. We had: tweeters, cookie, tally whacker, go-nads, peanuts, coochie.

What were you taught to call your naughty bits?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My poetic friend Sean uses the term "He got kicked in the kack" totally describing the noise one makes after being kicked in the "kack".

I always like the term "peep" it makes me giggle.