Friday, December 02, 2005

Who's Got Time to Blog?

Sorry, I have neglected my blog for days now. Work is crazy and by the time I get home I am consumed by dinner, homework, baths, basketball, flute practice, reading logs, etc. My girls normal bedtime has always been 8:00 p.m. but lately they aren't hitting the sheets until closer to 9:00 - and that's with no "down time". Jeff has been working a million hours a week to help pay for Christmas and reach our goal of charging nothing (so far, so good). This puts more pressure on me becuause he would do alot of the daily home upkeep in the mornings with SugarLips before he went to work. The past few weeks, after I get all the kids neatly tucked in bed you'll find me in the kitchen doing dishes or dusting or decorating the house for the holidays. I started a great book, Wicked, about two weeks ago and haven't even had the time to pick it up again. You know I'm pretty tired if I would rather go to bed than read a good book.

Weekends are just as bad. Jeff is working 8 hour days at the tree farm while I'm taking the girls, and the boy, to their games. Mind you, some of you are aware of how hard it is to hold a two-year old on your lap for an hour to watch his sisters play ball. And, I have to do it twice every Saturday. Thankfully Mom is coming to tomorrow's games so this should help keep Mr. Lips occupied. This is not a lap boy. This is a "run into the middle of the court, cause I'm big enough to play too" boy.

I hope this post doesn't come acroos too bitchy. My husband is working his ass off and I love him for it, I just miss him a bit. My kids and their activities keep me busy, but they are the fuel that moves me. I look forward to their games and am known for the loudest cheers. When Abi asks "Mom, wanna hear me play the flute" or Emi asks "Mommy, can you help me with spelling" my heart smiles. My house upkeep is never ending, but those of you that know me know I can't relax if its messy. My constant pickup and cleaning is actually theraputic.

Somedays I think the clock is working against me, but we all know better. I would be miserable if my life were any different.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You folks need an extra day for Christmas.