Monday, October 31, 2005

All Hallow's Eve: 2005

So the party is over, my self-imposed stress relieved. How did it go you ask? Here are some of the highlights:
  • My 57 year old mother playing the drinking game “Tippy Cup” while my 21 year old sister chants “faster Mom, faster”
  • The pregnant nun and myself singing something in this horrible falsetto and laughing so hard I almost peed my pants
  • Aunt Teeny Weeny complaining that her girdle snaps were itching her crotch
  • My dear, young sis bumping and grinding with the mayors daughter to some funk in my living room
  • The numerous dents in my kitchen table from an attempted game of quarters. Turns out my table is too soft for a decent bounce.
  • Thing 1 verifying the carpet matched the drapes (you’d have to see pictures to understand this one) CORRECTION: Thing 2, not Thing 1 - the difference is explained in the comments
  • My lovely fairy friend, our dear Duchess Jane, singing the Dixie Chick classic “Ready to Run” with me on my karaoke machine
  • Brian’s feeble attempts to remain standing, befitting his rock star persona

Below are a few pics from the evening, for more visit Duchess Jane’s site. You will easily be able to find the Thing 1 shot mentioned above.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Correction - Thing two verified the carpet matched that the drapes.

He was thing one because he has one thing she was thing two because she has two things. (you'll have to imagine the hand gestures that go with that explination)

Jane said...

I was not interested at all in singing in front of strangers until I realized that the strangers were all extremely tone deaf. I'll sing in front of that crowd anytime!

I had such a lovely time!

BoomBoom said...

Get enough beer in my and heck, I'll sing in front of anyone!