Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hero Orgy

So our pals came over today to watch the game, eat pizza, drink beer, giggle nonstop and watch the Bear game while the kiddo's played. Sugar asked to get out his Rescue Heros so he and Emma could play. Apparently these action figures were new to Ben, so he began to ask why Spiderman was in an astronaut suit and a police uniform. Why are their arms and legs so big? Simple I said, it's because they are Rescue Hero's; action figures of heroic and non-violent themes. There are firefighters, rescue divers, police officers, life guards, helicopter pilots that fly the fire jumpers, etc. Their legs and feet are so big, I explained, because it makes it easier for a 3 or 4 year old to pose them so they won't fall over.


This, of course, led directly into some unique poses that I'm not so sure these hero's have found themselves in before...





It reminded me of my youth. Barbies in my collection would have found themselves in similar poses, but it would always begin with some serious kissing. I would have their lips touch and move their bodies back and forth while I made "hmmmm-smack, hmmmm-smack" noises.

Barbie was a lesbian for years until I finally received my first Ken doll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friends, BEER, & Action Figures... Good TIMES... GOod TIMES! :) teehee.

~ i came with Emma n Ben...