Sunday, April 15, 2007

Change of Scenery

We're attempting to get our house ready for the market in the next four weeks and right now are at the point usually described as "it always looks worse before it looks better". While I love our home, we have simply grown beyond its capacity. Five beings in a two-bedroom abode is not an ideal living arrangement so we are looking for bigger and better...and unfortunately with that comes more expensive. This is our hefty "To-Do" list in the next four weeks:

  • - upgrade electric service and install new breaker box (scheduled for May 3rd)
  • - new roof on the carport
  • - paint the bathroom (which I steamed the wallpaper off of on Thursday for 6 1/2 hours)
  • - new floor trim in bathroom
  • - new floor in kitchen
  • - new floor trim in kitchen
  • - paint one kitchen cupboard
  • - paint kitchen counter shelf
  • - replace kitchen faucet
  • - repaint floor trim in kitchen
  • - empty and clean basement which includes packing crap
  • - paint basement
  • - clean garage
  • - scrape two windows (that Jeff painted the trim on two years ago and never scrapped)
  • - remove pond from backyard and replace with something inexpensive
  • - replace door on girls bedroom (buy, drill, stain, seal and hang)
  • - fix or replace lighting on front walkway
  • - general yard clean-up and mulch replacement
  • - random touch-up painting throughout house
  • - CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!

The good news is that it looks as if we can do all of these things for under $2000, the bad news is it will be a lot of work. Since I am overwhelmed to say the least, I thought I would make a change in my life that was fun and easy...so here's introducing my new blog skin inspired by the many thoughts swimming around in my head. I hope you like it.

P.S. As I was typing this post, I broke a nail. Fu**!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the new digs and you just call if you need to send the kids to our house while you stain, paint and hammer stuff.

BoomBoom said...

Thanks for the offer pal...but I think your calendar is even more full than mine over the next four weeks.

noncommon said...

wow! love the new spread!
and good luck with all the house stuff. shifting spaces is a fun thing!

Jessi Louise said...

Well, at least your blog looks great! This place looks awesome!

Jenny said...

Call me, I don't think you are getting my e-mails.

Anonymous said...

The blog looks amazing, but we need an update!