Thursday, September 07, 2006

Overheard in the Halls...

On the way to lunch today, Grammy Pammy starts complaining, “I’ve got that darn Grease song stuck in my head.” Being a bit of a Grease aficionado, I ask which one; you know me, I’ll sing along. She can’t remember the name of it, but says it goes like this (singing):

“I’ve got shoes…they’re multiply-n’…and I’m losin’ control….”

"Shoes? Huh? Did you just say shoes?", I ask in disbelief.

“CHILLS PAM…He’s got CHILLS!”

“Really?” she asks. “I always thought it was shoes.”

I ask her what about Danny Zuko seeing the virginal Sandy in a pair of painted on hot-pants would beseech him to sing “I’ve got shoes”?

And why would they be multiply-n’?


1 comment:

noncommon said...

i have a whole arsenal of mis-understood lyrics.
this one is good.
let's just think here for a moment people.
mutiplying shoes? is that kind of like gremlins? get 'em wet and they multiply.
but, if you look at the picture, she is wearing hooker shoes - so it kind of makes sense. sorta. maybe. maybe not,