Friday, April 14, 2006

Will you take a quarter for this...

I love garage sales.

There are a couple of particular places in my parents Tiny Town that I hit every year, without fail. The “All Tiny Town Garage Sale” is coming soon; my good pal Bombadee will be joining me for a day of frugality. Wednesday, I received word that the sale I hit to buy loads of clothing for my girls each year was happening Friday. This Friday? But the All Tiny Town event isn’t for two more weeks. Crappity crap. I can’t miss it, what will my girls wear all summer?

Mom and Aunt Teenie Weenie are friends with this particular supplier so I begged them to call and arrange a buy last night. Well, I hit the mother-load. This lovely lady’s girls are one-two sizes ahead of my own and she buys brands I normally would not, Tommy Hilfiger, Limited Too, etc. (Name brand clothing to me usually equates to Old Navy - don't laugh)

For $167.25 I walked away with:

  • 14 pair of jeans
  • 9 pair of Capri’s
  • 4 dresses
  • 7 T-shirts
  • 24 tank tops
  • 12 long-sleeve shirts
  • 9 pair of pajamas
  • 15 pair of shorts
  • 6 hooded sweatshirts
  • 3 pair of sport pants
  • 5 stocking hats
  • 6 floppy hats
  • 4 pairs of socks
  • 3 belts
  • 5 pairs of gloves
  • 3 pairs of tennis shoes
  • 1 pair of snow boots
  • 3 jackets
  • 1 winter coat
  • 2 pair of snowpants
  • 1 pair of sunglasses

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That is awesome. There's a lady three blocks from me who buys all the cute stuff you see Ella in. I'll be getting more from her during our all day garage sale in May.

Anonymous said...

A person after my own heart:)

BoomBoom said...

WELCOME Cazuela!

Helene said...

I love garage sales too, but lately I am in a PURGE mode and have been giving everything away... perhaps when I am done I will be ready to get back out there and have at those sales!! lol

Nice blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.