Thursday, April 06, 2006

Stupid Is as Stupid Does

Things about the state I live in, I am embarrassed to admit I couldn’t have told you before I Googled them for this post:

  • The Governor is Rob R. Blagojevich
  • The US Representative for my district is Donald A. Manzullo
  • The US Senators are Barack Obama and Richard J. Durbin
  • The Secretary of State is Jesse White
  • State Flower is the Purple Violet Viola
  • State Bird is the Cardinal (we share this distinction with 6 other states)
  • State Tree is the White Oak
  • State Animal is the Deer
  • State Snack is Popcorn (I'm not really embarrassed about this one, I just thought it was interesting)
  • We are known as The Prairie State (yes, spell-check corrected my first attempt at prairie)
  • We were the 21st state to be admitted in the Union (on December 3, 1818) signified on our state quarter by the 21 stars bordering the coin

The Bombadee's are lowering their heads in disgust right now.

2 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Hey, at least I know this stuff now.

Tomorrow's lesson will be focused on the federal government. I can tell you right now, that I DO know who our shitty President is.

Jenny said...

I didn't know that popcorn was our state snack and why do we have a state snack? WTF?

Some of these facts are only used when designing coloring books to be given away at the Democrat's booth during the county fair. (One guess how I know that)