Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Reasons I Like, Love and Admire My Friend.

This is not meant to embarrass her nor is it intended for her to respond with all of the things she likes about me. I just think its nice every once in awhile to remind those you care about that they are special. Plus, if there is one thing we definitely share it has to be our penchant for lists. Here's my list for her:

  • She’s fun. Her name is high on the list of “people I want to hang out with on a Saturday night”.
  • She’s intelligent. I enjoy knowing people who occasionally use a word or reference I don’t understand and aren’t annoyed when I ask what it means.
  • She enjoys playing dress-up. I have pictures to validate.
  • She has a sense of purpose.
  • She’s honest. I am still trying to convince her that being out spoken and honest does not equate to being a bitch. Just because someone doesn’t like what you say doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have said it or that your intentions were to hurt their feelings.
  • She is a wonderful mother. Being a mother is something we both find rewarding and irreplaceable.
  • She is deeply in love with her husband. It’s nice to confirm that other couples can argue, get annoyed with each other, enjoy time away from one another and still have a strong, loving, passionate marriage.
  • She and I respect each other. We do not always agree, but we can discuss anything and appreciate the others point of view. Our friendship is not weakened by the realization we do not have the same opinion on everything. Quite the opposite.
  • She can keep confidences. This statement has never really been tested, but I wholeheartedly believe it to be true.
  • She enjoys playing board games or cards with our children running in circles around the table.
  • She and I can talk openly about sex, without the worry of embarrassment or judgment.
  • She taught me how to swing dance and has told me I’m ready to graduate to dipping.
  • She makes a mean cosmopolitan. We enjoy sharing a cocktail or two every now and again, but have thankfully moved past the desire to binge drink ourselves into a stupor.
  • She likes me, and my husband, and my children. I have a tendency to gravitate towards this type of person more than those who find me an annoying, opinionated, haughty bitch. (Yes, there are some with that opinion.)
  • She inspired me to start my blog. While I do not have the readers that she or Beth has, I enjoy having a place all my own where I can post cute pics of my kids one day, rant on politics the next and occasionally be annoying, opinionated and haughty.

*Don't we both have some killer cleavage?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you, I am totally blushing now. You make me smile a lot lady. You know I am totally dying to make a list now, but I won’t because you said not to. I will just simply say I love you too. Check your e-mail. My daughter made you son something, I’ll have to give it to you on Sat. because it’s too late to mail.

BoomBoom said...

Isn't that a killer picture of us? I actually wrote this some time ago and thought it was a good day to post it.

I'm working on lists for:

Reasons I Love (and Like) My Husband

Reasons I Love (and Like) Myself

Reasons I Love (and Like) My Children

Jenny said...

I just love making lists. So many people make lists of ‘things that have gone wrong today…’ ‘Reason’s I’m pissed at my husband…’ ‘Things that need to be fixed around the house…’ oh, wait that last one could be useful.

I love this pic of us. When we took it I thought it'd be lewd but it's actually quite nice.